Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Honey Barbecue Meatloaf

I was experimenting a little bit in my kitchen the other day, really wanting some barbecue but not wanting to go outside and grill or anything... I wasn't sure what to do, and it was getting close to dinner time. I only had 1lb of ground beef... So using some stuff that I had laying around I whipped up meatloaf and mashed potatoes & a steamables veggie bag.

All these ingredients can be found at Walmart or probably you're local grocery store.

1lb ground beef (4% fat is what I used)
1/2 cup Sweet Baby Rays Honey Barbecue Sauce (if you can't find that, I'm sure any alternative BBQ sauce would work just as good)
1/2 cup of plain bread crumbs
2 egg whites
1 package of Onion Soup Mix (I used Great Value, but there's a Beefy Onion one that's sooo good too!)

mix it all together and form a loaf, throw about another half a cup of BBQ sauce on top and pop it in the oven till it's done (mine was about an hour)

It smells so good! It wasn't bad either. This recipe minus the BBQ sauce is what I use to make meatballs as well. The meatballs are perfect for Meatball Sandwiches, or Meatballs and Gravy.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment