Monday, June 4, 2012

Vacation and Dining Out

I was on vacation from May 26th to the 1st, and I was worried about eating out at restaurants and having a Gallstone attack. I realized that when you're out at a restaurant it's okay to ask the waitress questions. I found that by explaining my situation to her, she was very understanding and willing to help in any way possible. Even the cooks were happy to help.

For breakfast we mainly went to IHOP and Friendly's since those were practically everywhere we were. They both had egg substitute, which is actually Egg Beaters, a 0 fat alternative. Since I basically can't eat any of the meat or potatoes there I had a veggie omelet, with a piece of toast and side of fruit.
   At Friendly's they have a giant selection of ice creams and sundaes to choose from. I wanted a Banana split, so I chose the Fat free vanilla frozen yogurt, with gummy bears, marshmallows, and strawberry topping (which are also fat free). It came out great!

For dinner most nights I had steamed veggies and rice from Chinese restaurants. I love rice and soy sauce, so I'm quite content with that anytime. I did have sushi one night.

Oh and those bags of hard pretzels that you can get at truck stops and grocery stores for like $3.29 make GREAT snacks on the road! :)

But thats basically all I can share with you as far as suggestions when you're on trips or vacation.. Hope it helps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment