Saturday, July 14, 2012

Pies

Today I was going through some of my stuff in the cupboards, and I keep cans of Pumpkin puree for pies, bread, and muffins. Pumpkin is super awesome and low in fat. I noticed next to my puree that I still had a few cans of Sweetened Condensed Milk from last years Thanksgiving. They're still good obviously, those sorts of things have a long shelf life, but looking at the nutritional facts, they just aren't low fat. So I bagged them and gave them to my mother.

While shopping tonight I thought I'd look to see if they had any Sweetened Condensed Milk that was low fat in the baking isle. Sure enough, the only kind that I saw was Eagle Brand, and was Fat Free! So if you love your Pumpkin Pie, there you go!

I also noticed that among the graham cracker pie crusts, there was one made by Keebler called "Ready Crust Graham Cracker Crust" and the total percent fat is 5%. As far as pies with Graham cracker crusts go, they're great for making pudding pies, and doing up canned berry pies.


I wanted to say though that I will be posting a recipe that I HIGHLY recommend. It's called "Pumpkin Pie Bread" and it's incredible. It's bread that tastes just like Pumpkin Pie. When you serve it, I suggest serving it warmed a little. I personally love it plain, but I know a number of people that like heating it and putting a little butter on it. Either way, it's magnificent. Just talking about it makes me want to make some.

Expect that recipe within the coming week!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment