Friday, July 13, 2012

I haven't forgotten!

I've been super busy lately with things, (Trips, Planning a Baptism, ect..) I just wanted to say that I have not forgotten this blog! In fact, I was thinking this week that I should come up with a few recipes to post! I'm thinking quick foods to make, stuff that you can do if you have time, dinners, desserts... I can tell you one thing that I tried recently.

Pulled Pork. It's summer! The perfect time for it! But... pork has a good amount of fat in it... So... I replaced it with chicken! Chicken (usually) is around 99% fat free... At least from what I see at the stores, the packages usually say 99%. So to make it healthier for you, boil the chicken until it's done, rinse it good to get the foamy stuff off it afterwards, and let it cool for a bit. When you can touch it and not get burned, use a fork and pull it apart so it's stringy. Then throw it in a bowl and dump your favorite BBQ sauce on it (usually BBQ sauce is fat free!). Mix it well, and either serve it, or you can reheat it later to serve! :) Yummy!

But I'll be posting some recipes soon. I've just got a lot on my plate at the moment. Maybe I can set a goal, and perhaps you can expect one at least once a week?

I'm willing to try lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment